Recently we have received a successful hacking attempt on our website. The hacker was able to delete our features page which in turn removed the featues drop down menu form the navigation menu. I was able to recover the pages and fix this issue. Because of this hack, we need to step up security on our website. I have updated my password to a very strong password to prevent this from happenign again.
Please keep in mind that every day we receive multiple hack attempts on our website. Hackers are trying to hack my account to mess up our website. They may also try to hack your accounts to.
So in cases such as this one, I am requiring everyone to change there password for security reasons. Each account is prone to have there account hacked as well. I understand that some of you may not know how to make a strong password. Please follow the steps below to make a strong password and change it.
1. Please go to http://strongpasswordgenerator.com/. This is a trusted website that provides very secure passwords.
2. On the top left side of the page you will see a stong password generator.
3. Change the lenghth field to 15 also check the box that says include symbols.
4. Click generate password.
5. Copy the password, I would advise to write down the password so you do not forget it. (If you do forget your password, I can reset it).
6. Go back to the church website and login to your account.
7. Hover your mouse over the Social Network menu item, click the members link.
8. On the right side you will see a profile box, click the profile link.
9. Next click the settings link located on the far right of the profile page.
10. You will need to put in your current password.
11. Then type your password near the bottom twice. (Make sure to have the password correct, I advise to copy the password from http://strongpasswordgenerator.com/ and paste the password in the new password field boxes)
12. Click Save Changes. Remembe that now your new password will take in effect the next time you login.
If you have any questions, please visit our support page by clicking here. (The link will open in a new window).